Title: Community Fundraiser
Line manager: Head of Fundraising and Communication
Location: based in County Durham but job will be country wide
Hours a week to be negotiated
Summary / Overall purpose
The Bradley Lowery Foundation are looking for a confident, self-starter with bags of energy to inspire the community and help grow support within The Foundation. You will have a real passion for helping people and will be responsible for stewarding supporters to a high standard, giving them an outstanding donor experience. Working in the heart of the community, you will inspire people from all walks of life to support BLF.
The Community Fundraiser will:
- Have excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to the role.
- Have the ability to drive and use of a car with business use cover.
- Be a team player with excellent communication and people skills.
- Be pro-active, flexible, resilient and good-humoured.
- Be prepared to organise and manage a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- Be able to develop positive and productive networks both within the foundation and externally across communities.
- Have a suitable background from working in both community and events fundraising.
- Agree income targets with Head of Fundraising and Communication and CEO.
- Monitoring progress against the key measures.
- Supporting volunteers to fundraise and running fundraising events.
- Support group fundraising and publicity, including sending material, maintaining the quality and stock of materials and giving advice.
- Ensuring best practice donor stewardship.
- Ensuring that BLF organisational values are upheld in the delivery of its objectives.
- Safeguarding BLF’s reputation.
- Promoting and developing the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its public benefit.
- Working as a team member and support the work of the Head of Fundraising and Communication and CEO.
- Attending events as an ambassador for BLF, to network, promote the work of the organisation and provide thanks and recognition to supporters and donors.
- Assisting with fundraising by speaking, networking and otherwise seeking donations in conjunction with other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Owning and managing other duties, related to marketing and fundraising.
Experience to enable effective fulfilment of your role
- Track record in raising money from communities.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising and donor relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to write a compelling case for support and to communicate this effectively through face-to-face presentations.
- Mobilising volunteers and groups to fundraise.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues; to inspire the team and to work effectively to achieve shared goals.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise workload and meet strict overlapping deadlines.
- Understanding of compliance and legal requirements in relation to fundraising.
- Interest and commitment to the values and ethos of BLF.
To apply for this position email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com