I am feeling very nervous today, some of you may of remembered that I met with Jeremy Hunt a few weeks back to discuss the antibody Dinituximab beta. This has been giving on a trial to children with neuroblastoma, in the hope to improve their chances of not relapsing.
NICE will have a meeting on Tuesday 12th June to give their decision on whether this will be available for our children on the NHS. This decision is life changing for the families fighting this awful disease, it makes me feel physically sick to think this treatment could be refused due to cost.
This treatment is standard in so many other countries, if NICE don’t approve it we will be going back on getting a cure and not forward to improve mortality rates.
I promised Brad that I would try my best to help as many families as possible and to get better saver treatment and this is the first step.